Over the past 16 years the company has developed a unique technology platform, known as jPALIO (java Portal ALl In One). The jPALIO platform is a universal, intelligent servlet, but it is also a universal data bus and an extremely versatile environment for prototyping, designing and implementing business processes within virtually any known and recognised IT environment. jPALIO can be easily and seamlessly integrated with other systems or solution due to a wide array of communication connectors available (databases, TCP/IP, XML, XBRL, LDAP, java components). The jPALIO platform has been designed and built in a 3-layer architecture.
Solutions based on the jPALIO Technology Platform presents a lot of competitive advantages:
Over the years we have developed a number of important reference solutions for clients from diversified industries (aviation, telecommunication, public administration and others). All of those reference solutions prove the following key points:
- jPALIO proves to be significantly cheaper in terms of both initial investment and the overall TCO.
- jPALIO’s scalability is truly unique: from a simple notebook/laptop machine to supercomputers (e.g. IBM’s Mainframe systems).
- What is more important, the jPALIO’s scalability combined with its online access to data and application code provides customers with the absolutely unique functionality – “zero downtime” - where upgrades (even in large and complex environments) can be done instantly.
- Due to the above projects are delivered faster – it takes significantly less time to develop and deploy solutions across the project hardware environments and platforms.
- Unique ease of integration with other systems.
- Proven and unique performance.
- Content management as a separate module (CMS).
- Protection against content modifications in browser address bars (checksums are used to prevent tampering with variable values).
- No need for potentially unsafe cookies, which ensures that jPALIO-based systems will support all browsers.
- Support for cluster configurations with load-balancing.
- Support for hierarchical and distributed structures with automated propagation of the latest application code to subordinate servers (the propagation is limited to new versions of specific objects so that there is no need to send the entire code each time) and of the latest versions of jPALIO application servers as well.
- Access limited by roles based on privileges; roles are assigned to users in the context of regions/departments, (users can have roles limited to a specific region/department).
- The user interface is limited to a web browser (no installation necessary on client machines, ease of use on portable computers, a standardized user interface, platform-independence, no need to maintain applications on hundreds of client machines).
- Easy creation of a friendly and fully standardized user interface, a comprehensive system of tooltips (selecting data from lists, dialog boxes etc.) and data input validation (forms are built automatically with data input validation logic).
- Storing user passwords in a database in an encrypted form.
- Gzip compression can be enabled for transferred data, which is especially useful over slow connections (like dial-up) an option to use the SSL protocol for communications among jPALIO servers and between jPALIO and a client (web browser).
- Database connection pool management that ensures a high level of performance and reliability in data exchange as well as automatic restoration of broken connections.
- Support for token and smart card-based authorization.